The NEES site at the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) will host the annual Hybrid Simulation Workshop June 28 and 29, 2012, at its Richmond Field Station.
This year's Hybrid Simulation Workshop emphasizes real-time loading, including demonstrations of our new "smart" dynamic platform. Attendees will:
· Learn the basics of hybrid simulation methods
· Learn about the basic tools OpenSees and OpenFresco
· Conduct several real-time hybrid simulation demonstrations at the NEES@Berkeley equipment site
· Be able to use hybrid simulation in your NEES and non-NEES projects
· Prepare to develop new hybrid simulation tests and algorithms
· Learn about pros and cons (accuracy, limits, ease of use, field applications in damage assessment) of modern non-conventional monitoring and measuring techniques.
The registration deadline is June 15. This workshop is offered at no cost to participants.Limited travel support is available for graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, or tenure-track faculty at US schools. Please register and apply for travel support using the online registration form at the Hybrid Simulation Workshop web page.
Post a Comment